At just a little over an hour away from Eureka Springs, Branson makes the perfect getaway for a day trip. Attractions in Branson MO include something for every member of the family. Spend the day at a theme park, exploring the zoo or shopping the boardwalk at Branson Landing. Check out this list to 10 of the best attractions in Branson MO.
- The Branson Scenic Railway is a great way to see the Ozark Mountains. The 1-hour and 45-minute informative trip tells the history of the area once leaving from the historic 1905 depot. Once on board, passengers are encouraged to tour each train or grab concessions and enjoy the ride. For a more romantic excursion, the dinner train departs at 5:00 pm from May through December and serves a 4-course candlelit dinner.
- Promised Land Zoo is a 9-acre, family-owned and operated zoo in Branson MO. Guests at the zoo can feed hundreds of birds at the Parakeet Paradise, interact with animals at the Live Animal Shows, bottle feed baby animals or travel afoot on a self-guided tour around the zoo. The zoo is open daily from 10:00 am to 5:00 pm.
- It doesn’t get any more fun filled than a day spent at Silver Dollar City. With over 40 rides, a day at Silver Dollar City is fun for the whole family. There are roller coasters, kid’s activities and over 40 live shows. Silver Dollar City also hosts 7 festivals throughout the year including World-Fest in the spring and Christmas performances around the holidays. If rides aren’t your thing, check out the many craft demonstrators or eat at one of the park’s many restaurants.
- The Showboat Branson Belle is a 2-hour entertainment cruise on Table Rock Lake. This dinner cruise features a 3-course dinner and a show with live entertainment including music, comedy, and magic. There is a 3-level dining area with amazing views of the lake. Kids will enjoy the Pirate and Princess Cruise complete with magic and dance party finale.
- For a little retail therapy, spend an afternoon shopping the more than 100 stores at Branson Landing. There are plenty of restaurants for every taste including Ernie Biggs Dueling Piano Bar to Texas Land and Cattle Steakhouse. Branson Landing can be found on Lake Taneycomo next to downtown Branson.
- Ride the Ducks is a fun tour of the city with time both spent on land and water. There are 2 adventures: the Table Rock Lake Adventure and the Lake Taneycomo Adventure. The tour lasts around 70 minutes with 25 of those spent on the water.
- You can’t miss the giant Titanic-shaped museum in Branson MO. This 2-story museum features 20 galleries displaying over 400 artifacts. Upon arrival, each guest is treated like a passenger and given a boarding pass to feel as if they were on the original Titanic. The Titanic Museum is interactive and family friendly.
- Located within Silver Dollar City is Marvel Cave. The cave opened in 1894. Marvel Cave features one of the largest subterranean entry rooms in the US. Tours leave every 30 minutes and can last up to one hour. Guests can expect to climb 600 stairs on the tour.
- On a hot and sunny day, find your way to White Water Branson. This 13-acre water park is part of Silver Dollar City. Swim in a 500,000-gallon wave pool, thrill rides and kids activities at Splashaway Cay. White Water Branson also offers many spots to find a bite to eat, cabanas, and shopping at Surfside Trading.
- Bringing the Bible to life is the Sight and Sound Theatres. For 35 years, visitors have been enjoying the elaborate sets, costumed actors, and live animals telling stories from the bible. In March of 2016, Moses and a Behind the Scenes Tour will be 2 new shows to see at the theatre.
After your day spent out and about in Branson, find your way back to Eureka Springs for a restful night stay. Arsenic and Old Lace bed and breakfast is home to 5 guest rooms in a beautiful Queen Anne Victorian style mansion just 2 blocks from the Historic District. For reservation information or to inquire about current specials, call us at 479-253-5454.