Summer in Eureka Springs means it’s time to get outside and explore the stunning Ozark Mountains and appreciate the natural beauty of this quaint Victorian town. When you’re looking for a quick nature break in the afternoon, one of our favorite places to go is Lake Leatherwood City Park. Lake Leatherwood City Park is just a short drive outside of downtown Eureka Springs, but it will feel like you’ve stepped into an entirely different world; one surrounded by beautiful scenery and the quiet sounds of wildlife going about its day.
While you’re in town enjoying all the best things to do in Eureka Springs this summer, make our Eureka Springs Bed and Breakfast your home base. We’re just a few short blocks away from downtown Eureka Springs, offering our guests easy access to all the top shopping, restaurants, and attractions for an adventure-filled getaway. More importantly, when you need a little downtown, our luxury guest rooms and charming common areas offer the perfect respite from the crowds.
Spend time watching birds and other wildlife in our gardens, relax with a glass of wine or coffee on our front porch and soak up the timeless elegance and tranquility of our Eureka Springs Bed and Breakfast. There’s a reason we were recently awarded one of the best bed and breakfasts in Arkansas!
A visit to Lake Leatherwood City Park is just the beginning when it comes to great things to do in Eureka Springs. Book your room at the #1-rated Eureka Springs Bed and Breakfast today!
An Afternoon at Lake Leatherwood City Park
Lake Leatherwood City Park is one of our favorite places to for quick and relaxing trips into nature. It’s also a popular place to get in some exercise during the day. You can enjoy hiking, biking, boating, and more at Lake Leatherwood City Park, all within a 10-minute drive of downtown Eureka Springs.
The namesake of Lake Leatherwood City Park is Lake Leatherwood itself, which was formed by one of the largest hand-cut native limestone dams in the country. You can still walk across the top of this dam, as there is a trail on the old bridge. It’s listed on the National Register of Historic Places and is one of our favorite things to do in Lake Leatherwood City Park.
Aside from the trail across the dam, there are more than 25 miles of trails for hiking and biking in Lake Leatherwood City Park. The park is huge and offers plenty of gorgeous scenery, not to mention other great features. As you make your way through Lake Leatherwood City Park, you’ll encounter a variety of wildlife, springs, a seasonal creek, historic stone walls and bridges, interesting rock formations, and all the peaceful solitude you crave from a nature break.
If you want to get out on the water at Lake Leatherwood City Park, you can do that too. It’s a great place for fishing, with fish like largemouth bass, channel catfish, and bluegill readily available. You can also rent boats to kayak and fish on the lake, and of course, it has plenty of opportunities for swimming when it gets really hot.
More Things to do in Eureka Springs This Summer
As delightful as Lake Leatherwood City Park, it’s just one of the many great things to do in Eureka Springs this summer. Victorian homes line the streets everywhere you look in Eureka Springs, with an entire downtown that is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. It’s ranked as one of the best small towns to visit in America for a good reason!
Whether you’d rather spend your time meandering the streets of downtown Eureka Springs or enjoying the stunning beauty found in places like Lake Leatherwood City Park and the surrounding Ozark Mountains, there’s no shortage of great things to do in Eureka Springs. Here are 8 ideas as you start planning your upcoming trips to our Eureka Springs Bed and Breakfast.
- Hiking, hiking, and more hiking! It’s one of our favorite things to do in Eureka Springs, and there are far more trails than just those at Lake Leatherwood City Park. We’ve put together a great hiking guide that represents some of the best Eureka Springs hiking trails.
- There are also quite a few mountain biking trails in the Eureka Springs area, a sport that has grown in popularity in recent years.
- You can get on the water at Lake Leatherwood City Park, but how about renting a boat for a fishing or boating adventure on Beaver Lake or Table Rock Lake? Eureka Springs has a variety of outfitters, fishing guides, and full-service marinas.
- Try out a new sport, and take a Standup Paddleboard out on Beaver Lake.
- A popular day trip from Eureka Springs is to go to the Buffalo National River area, where there are plenty of great hikes and the opportunity to float down this scenic river.
- Speaking of scenery, it’s always a great time to take Scenic Drives or motorcycle rides through the Ozark Mountains It gets even more spectacular in the fall.
- Looking for an adrenaline rush? We can’t recommend the experience at Ozark Mountain Ziplines enough!
- Enjoy a relaxing walk through town, visiting many of the more significant natural springs along the way. Visit the Blue Spring Heritage Center, the home of the beautiful Blue Spring and beautiful gardens.
Are you ready to enjoy a friendly and luxurious getaway? Book your room at our charming Eureka Springs Bed and Breakfast today!