There’s a lot to love about fall in Eureka Springs, including the chance to stay at our #1-rated Eureka Springs Bed and Breakfast. Head downtown for a bit of shopping and historic appreciation, or head into the Ozarks for a spectacular day of hiking near Eureka Springs. And, of course, leave plenty of time to relax and enjoy one-on-one time with your sweetheart.
There are plenty of fantastic options when it comes to finding the best hiking near Eureka Springs. From finding scenic overlooks and cascading waterfalls to working off your latest indulgent meal at the top Eureka Springs restaurants, there’s plenty to love about the great hiking near Eureka Springs – and fall is the perfect time to enjoy it!
With cool, crisp weather, fall is a fantastic time to enjoy the vibrancy of Mother Nature. But, whatever you do this fall, we know you’ll have a great time at our romantic Bed and Breakfast in Eureka Springs. Romance is at the heart of everything we do in this stunning Victorian town, and we’d love nothing more than to share some time with you this fall. Book your room at our #1-rated Eureka Springs Bed and Breakfast today!
Best Hiking Near Eureka Springs This Fall
With the Ozark Mountains in our backyard and world-class destinations like Dogwood Canyon and the Buffalo National River just a short drive away, there’s no shortage of fantastic hiking near Eureka Springs. There are so many great options for hiking near Eureka Springs that it can be hard to choose a favorite!
We do have a few tried and true favorites, which guests have told us repeatedly are remarkable – especially ablaze in the fiery hues of fall. Hiking near Eureka Springs isn’t the only way to enjoy the stunning vibrancy of fall in Eureka Springs, but it is a great way to spend an afternoon if you’re up for it. Below, we’ve compiled a list of some of the best hiking near Eureka Springs.
- If you’re looking for quick and easy in-town hiking near Eureka Springs, head to the popular Lake Leatherwood City Park. There are miles of hiking and biking trails here, and the lake views are just stunning in the fall.
- The Whitaker Point Trail, also known as the Hawksbill Crag Trail, pictured above, is definitely one of the most popular places for hiking near Eureka Springs. This trail is a must-see in the fall. At a short 3 miles roundtrip, the view from the crag is breathtaking and entirely worth the trek – but you’ll also enjoy a waterfall and plenty of gorgeous fall foliage along the way.
- Another excellent place for hiking near Eureka Springs is the Lost Valley Trail in the Buffalo National River area. The trail is 2.3 miles roundtrip and features a 53-foot tall waterfall, a natural bridge, and a cave with a 35-foot waterfall inside.
- While in the area, don’t miss the Hemmed-in Hollow Trail, where you’ll enjoy views of Hemmed-in Hollow falls, which cascades a stunning 210 feet.
- Another great nearby place for hiking in Eureka Springs is Devil’s Den State Park. Start with the Yellow Rock Trail, and enjoy the stunning views of the Lee Creek Valley. This hike is excellent for a quick outing in the morning or afternoon, as it is only 3-miles in length.
- Dogwood Canyon Nature Park is a beautiful place to spend a fall afternoon, complete with some of the best hiking near Eureka Springs.
More Things to do in Eureka Springs This Fall
You could spend days enjoying all the fabulous hiking near Eureka Springs, but we know you probably want to enjoy various things while you’re here. To help you keep your itinerary fun and interesting, we’ve rounded up a few of our other favorite things to do in Eureka Springs this fall.
Looking at this list, it’s easy to see why fall is such a popular time to visit our Eureka Springs Bed and Breakfast. Aside from vibrant displays of fall colors around every turn, you’ll enjoy the many charms of historic downtown Eureka Springs.
- Aside from all the great hiking near Eureka Springs, hitting the road for a scenic drive is one of the most popular things to do in Eureka Springs each fall. There are many great routes to choose from, including the Scenic 7 Byway, the Pig Trail Scenic Byway, and the Highway 187 Loop.
- If you’re looking for something a bit different, consider taking to treetop adventures with Ozark Mountain Ziplines. Talk about a great way to see fall colors!
- One of our favorite things to do in Eureka Springs each fall is to stroll through the charming, historic streets of downtown Eureka Springs, filled with charming shops, fantastic architecture, and beautiful sights.
- Hiking near Eureka Springs is fun, but there are also plenty of places to enjoy a bike ride! Lake Leatherwood City Park is popular, but there are plenty of rural roads to enjoy, too.
Whether you spend your days hiking near Eureka Springs or browsing the shops in downtown Eureka Springs, there’s no shortage of great things to do in Eureka Springs this fall. Of course, at the top of our list is spending plenty of time relaxing and enjoying the ambiance of our historic Eureka Springs Bed and Breakfast with your sweetheart. There’s no better place to treat yourself to a bit of luxury. Book your room and discover why we’re one of the best places to stay in Eureka Springs today!