Though this year is positively flying by and we’ve thoroughly enjoyed this summer here in Eureka Springs, we are looking forward to the upcoming fall season. From getting outside to enjoy the vast network of scenic drives in the Ozark Mountains around Eureka Springs to hitting the trails and savoring the sights, sounds, smells, and tastes of the season, there’s plenty to love about fall in Eureka Springs.
One of our favorite ways to take in the splendor of fall is by driving, and there’s no shortage of scenic drives to enjoy near Eureka Springs. To make the most of your adventure this fall, we recommend you start planning early – and of course, include accommodations at our romantic Eureka Springs Bed and Breakfast in your plans. Book your room today!
The Best Eureka Springs Scenic Drives
It’s easy to see why fall is such a popular season to get out and explore charming destinations like Eureka Springs. Everywhere you turn, vibrant displays of fall colors transform already beautiful landscapes. When it comes to how best to see Eureka Springs’ fall foliage, there’s no singular answer. However, one of our favorite things to do is to take any number of scenic drives near Eureka Springs.
There are quite a few great drives or motorcycle rides to take in the Ozark Mountains, but here are a few of our favorites:
- Scenic 7 Byway was Arkansas’ first designated scenic byway, so it’s no surprise that it makes our list. When it comes to scenic drives near Eureka Springs, this one is hard to beat. It’s a nationally recognized riding treasure that traverses almost the entire state from north to south.
- Pig Trail Scenic Byway is one of the most scenic drives in the entire state and is very popular with motorcycles. This drive starts on the beautiful AR-23, which runs from the Arkansas-Missouri border to US 71. While the southern portion is a very nice ride, it’s the highway north of I-40 that is breathtaking, as you travel through a veritable tunnel of stunning fall foliage.
- The Highway 187 Loop is a beautiful 20-mile loop that takes you over 3 different bodies of water and offers numerous roadside stops and hiking trails along the way. Start this scenic drive by taking Highway 62 west to AR-187.
- The Buffalo River is a great place for hiking, paddling, and floating, but it’s also a great place to take scenic drives near Eureka Springs! As you drive along America’s First National River, enjoy the opportunity to view Elk herds and beautiful fall scenery. Don’t miss the opportunity to stop by roadside waterfalls and towering bluffs – and maybe even take a hike or two while you’re there!
Don’t discount the scenic drives you can take while on your way to Eureka Springs, either! Depending on where you’re coming from, odds are you can travel along several different rural mountain roads, enjoying the spectacular views out your window as you travel.
7 More Things to do in Eureka Springs This Fall
Eureka Springs’ fall foliage is nothing short of spectacular. Leaf-peeping, of course, ranks pretty high on our list of things to do in Eureka Springs each fall, with colors typically reaching their peak for the season in mid-October.
However, taking scenic drives in Eureka Springs and enjoying fall colors aren’t the only things to do in Eureka Springs this fall. Here are a few more ideas to help you enjoy your getaway.
- Take a hike. Favorites include Whitaker Point, the Pedestal Rocks trail, and the Kings Bluff trail.
- Hike and float the beautiful Buffalo National River.
- Visit Dogwood Canyon Nature Park.
- Go biking or hiking at Lake Leatherwood City Park.
- Fly through the air with Ozark Mountain Ziplines.
- Take in the views from the water on Belle of the Ozarks.
- Browse the charming shops in downtown Eureka Springs, while soaking up the beautiful Victorian architecture.
The Most Romantic Bed and Breakfast in Eureka Springs
Whether you try all of these Eureka Springs scenic drives or just one, we know you’ll become an instant fan of this beautiful part of the state. In fact, we’re so confident you’ll love it here that we imagine you’ll discover a new favorite getaway. Not only will you find it fun and beautiful here, but you’ll also surely fall in love with the comfortable and luxurious accommodations at our Bed and Breakfast in Eureka Springs.
Arsenic & Old Lace Bed and Breakfast offers an unparalleled lodging experience. We offer exceptional service and unbeatable hospitality. Each morning, you’ll be greeted by the delicious aromas wafting from our kitchen as we prepare a delicious and multi-course breakfast. We’ll happily help you plan a busy itinerary, or leave you alone to rest to your heart’s content. Whatever it is you want, you’ll find it in Eureka Springs this fall. Book your room at our Bed and Breakfast in Eureka Springs today!