The Dogwood Canyon Nature Park covers 10,000 pristine and beautiful acres of land in the Ozark Mountains. It’s a beautiful destination any time of the year, and there’s plenty to explore here, but it’s especially lovely when the Dogwood trees show off their pretty, delicate pink and white blooms during the Springtime. It’s an exceptional natural area that offers visitors the chance to enjoy miles of crystal-clear trout streams, cascading waterfalls, rugged backcountry tours, hiking, biking, and so much more.
Dogwood Canyon Nature Park is located around 35 minutes from our charming Eureka Springs Bed and Breakfast in the small town of Lampe, Missouri. It’s a beautiful drive during the spring, as our area is coming to life with trees budding, flowers bursting from the ground, and crisp, sunny days. If you decide to head out for a day trip, be sure to join us for breakfast before you set out. At the park, you’ll find plenty of adventures, either guided or exploring on your own. Wildlife tours do fill up well in advance, so you’ll want to plan ahead if you’re hoping to take a tram or kayak excursion.
Our Eureka Springs Bed and Breakfast is the ideal place to stay in the Ozark Mountains. Our charming small town has everything you need to feel a world away from city living. From the moment you step through our doors, you’ll feel the old-world elegance of our Victorian-style Inn, paired with just the right amount of modern touches and unparalleled hospitality. We offer guests a memorable place to call home while away—staying at our Eureka Springs Bed and Breakfast becomes a significant part of your getaway, more than just a place to keep your things and sleep at night. Check out our upcoming Spring and Summer availability and book your room today!
Best Things to do at Dogwood Canyon Nature Park
While there’s plenty to explore in downtown Eureka Springs and the surrounding parks, a quick trip out to Dogwood Canyon Nature Park is a welcome addition to any getaway. You’ll soak up the rugged wilderness of the Ozarks, learn a bit more about the area, and get some exercise. It’s an especially beautiful hike when the Dogwoods are in bloom!
- Scenic Hiking & Biking Trails: Connect with nature and explore Dogwood Canyon Nature Park on foot as you enjoy more than six miles of paved paths and nine miles of nature trails. Along the way, you’ll meander by streams and cascading waterfalls and likely spot the wildlife that calls Dogwood Canyon home. Many of these trails will take you under the blooming Dogwood trees. Bring your bike or rent a single-speed, coaster-brake bike in various sizes.
- Guided Wildlife Tours: Head off-trail and deeper into the park on a wildlife adventure. They offer private tours for up to three people as well as an open-air tram ride. Aside from seeing bison, elk, whitetail deer, and Texas longhorn, you’ll also enjoy the views of the park’s towering bluffs, waterfalls, and gorgeous scenery as you go. This is also one of the best ways to catch the stunning Dogwood trees in full bloom.
- Wildlife Kayak Tour: Get on the water and explore the habitat where Little Indian Creek and Table Rock Lake meet. The trained and knowledgeable guides will take you along the stream on a leisurely kayaking tour, with opportunities to see Bald Eagle and Great Blue Heron nesting sites and much more.
- Horseback Excursions: One of the most popular things at Dogwood Canyon Nature Park is exploring the Ozarks on horseback. These trips will take you through the canyon, along Little Indian Creek, and through rugged areas of the park that most people never see.
- Cast your line: This park is known for its excellent trout fishing opportunities. The pristine spring-fed streams are home to rainbow trout, and there are hourly self-guided catch-and-release sessions or excursions with a trained guide. No license or trout stamp is required, and equipment rentals are available.
- Annual & Special Events: Throughout the year, Dogwood Canyon Nature Park hosts various events; check out the calendar of upcoming happenings before you head out from our Eureka Springs Bed and Breakfast.
- Conservation Center & Education: Conservation is the guiding principle at Dogwood Canyon Nature Park, and you can learn more about this at the Conservation Center with interactive activities, artifacts, and exhibits. On your way out, take the swinging bridge to the one-of-a-kind treehouse built by the team from Animal Planet’s hit TV show, Treehouse Masters.
- Dogwood Mill: The 25-foot Dogwood Mill protects the gristmill’s traditions and conserves the Ozark’s history. This wheel is powered by the cold water of Little Indian Creek, which winds through the canyon, and you’ll want to stop by to take a look during your visit to Dogwood Canyon Nature Park.
- Mill & Canyon Grill Restaurant: After you’ve explored on foot or by open air tram, you’ll be ready for lunch and the on-site restaurant at Dogwood Canyon Nature Park is an excellent spot to refuel.
- Purchase Tickets: The earlier you buy your tickets to Dogwood Canyon Nature Park, the better pricing you’ll get! Your park admission includes access to the Mill, Canyon Grill Restaurant, our artifact display, the Nature & Conservation Center, the Treehouse Masters Treehouse and miles of trails. Other excursions are bought separately.
The Best Eureka Springs Bed and Breakfast for Spring Getaways
Adding a stop at Dogwood Canyon Nature Park is bound to be an unforgettable part of your trip to Eureka Springs. If you’re heading into town from the east, you could always consider adding it to your road trip on the way to our Eureka Springs Bed and Breakfast. After you’ve hiked, biked, or explored the park, our welcoming and elegant inn will await your arrival. You’ll have the most comfortable place to refresh, relax, and begin your vacation!
Our Eureka Springs Bed and Breakfast is housed in a beautifully designed Victorian mansion, surrounded by seasonal gardens and stunning views of the Ozark Mountains. Our small, exclusive inn is ideal for intimate getaways; we’re close enough to the bustling downtown area of Eureka Springs, but set back on a perfectly quiet street. We offer just five private guest rooms, all with delightful en suite bathrooms, meaning you’ll feel as though you have the place to yourself.
Each morning, our kitchen comes alive with delicate aromas of coffee and baked goods. Join us in our elegantly appointed dining room for a three-course meal of homemade goods, entrees, and fresh fruit. It’s the best way to start your day on any romantic getaway and adds one less element to figure out during your stay. We hope you’ll join us this spring and summer in the charming town of Eureka Springs! We can’t wait to host you. Book your room today!