With a name like Eureka Springs, it probably comes as no surprise that the town owes its history to the historic springs and waterways found throughout the area, including at Basin Spring Park. In fact, the waters at places like Basin Spring Park were known and admired for their healing properties and were responsible for drawing indigenous populations to this area. The spring water was so integral to these native populations that the area was designated as sacred land.
Though the historic springs are no longer a focal point of life here, and Eureka Springs is now a bustling tourist destination, many still believe in the rejuvenating properties of these waters. Perhaps you’ll need to visit places like Basin Springs Park and make a decision for yourself?
While you’re in town, make sure to relax and unwind in the comfortable accommodations found at our Eureka Springs Bed and Breakfast. Our Inn is situated in a beautiful historic mansion, reflective of the historic nature of Eureka Springs. We’re just a short walk away from downtown Eureka Springs and offer you everything you need for a romantic and relaxing weekend in the Ozarks. Start planning your rejuvenating getaway at our Eureka Springs Bed and Breakfast today!
Take a Break at Basin Spring Park
There are plenty of great places to walk and enjoy the natural beauty of Eureka Springs, including Basin Spring Park. Basin Spring Park is located in the heart of downtown Eureka Springs, and it provides weary shoppers a great place to sit and take a break. Basin Spring itself sits underneath the park, where it will stay a protected reminder of this city’s historic past.
Some trails wind up the hill behind Basin Spring Park if you’re up for it. You’ll find yourself closer to the spring there, and you’ll also enjoy a great view of the town. There’s also a bandshell at Basin Spring Park, and accordingly, plenty of live music throughout the busy summer and fall seasons.
It’d be easy to miss Basin Spring Park when you’re in town, but it’s worth spending even just a few minutes relaxing amidst the shaded trees here. If you want to explore and learn more about the historic springs around town, we recommend taking the Harmon Loop Trail. It’s an easy 1.4-mile loop perfect for learning more about the city, visiting the historic springs listed below, and even heading up into the historic Upper Spring Street neighborhood that offers excellent views of Eureka Springs.
- Grotto Spring: This spring is also an easily walkable route from our Inn. This spring really stands up to its name as a picturesque cave with lush hanging plants and a mysterious arched entrance.
- Harding Spring: This spring may be one of the most famous in the area, with legends of healing dating back to the 1880s. The story goes that a young blind woman’s sight was restored by the waters of this spring. It’s a charming backdrop for photos, as the area outside the spring has been planted out with beautiful native flowers.
- Sweet Spring: Right near downtown Eureka Springs, you can pop off the Main Street to check out this small spring with historic stonework and a water-filled basin.
- Laundry Spring: Also known as Onyx Cave, this spring has a rich history connecting to the town and industry of the area. In 1922, the area around the spring was restored, and it’s still a lovely spot to visit and sit for a quiet afternoon.
- Crescent Spring: Just next to the historic 1912 Carnegie Library in Crescent Spring Park, you’ll find a Victorian-style gazebo perfect for a quiet moment surrounded by natural rock walls.
- Califf Spring: At the South end of downtown Eureka Springs, next to the Historical Museum, sits this rocky little spring designated by the city in 1886.
The Best Place to Stay in Eureka Springs
There are many reasons to visit our Eureka Springs Bed and Breakfast, not least of which is enjoying a romantic getaway with your sweetheart. Whatever it is that brings you to town, there are plenty of things to do nearby, including wandering through the beautiful and historic streets of downtown Eureka Springs. Stop and enjoy the sites along the way, including the beautiful Basin Spring Park, and otherwise appreciate the fun ambiance of this quirky town.
At the end of the day, the luxurious accommodations at our Eureka Springs Bed and Breakfast. With five beautiful guest rooms, plenty of wonderful amenities, a great location near downtown, and exceptional hospitality, it’s easy to see why it’s rated as the best place to stay in Eureka Springs. Book your getaway to our Eureka Springs Bed and Breakfast today!