Another year, and another summer in Eureka Springs that has simply flown by. Now, with Labor Day just ahead, it’s time we turn our attention to the looming season of fall foliage ahead. There’s nowhere we’d rather spend a relaxing and romantic getaway than in the beautiful town of Eureka Springs. And, despite the changes from the COVID-19 pandemic, life here in Eureka Springs has been delightful this summer – which we fully expect to continue into this fall and winter.
This fall, let the stunning display of Arkansas’ fall foliage wow you from the comfort of our Eureka Springs Bed and Breakfast. It really should be at the top of your list of things to do this fall. Whether you’re into taking hikes to dramatic views and overlooks, or whether you’d rather enjoy it from the comfort of your car, there’s plenty to do in Eureka Springs this fall. Book your room today!
Eureka Springs Has the Best Fall Foliage
You may not yet realize this, but Eureka Springs Arkansas is actually one of the best places to witness the seasonal change of fall foliage in the country. The blazing mountains of the Ozark Mountains easily rival those of New Englund in the fall. Once you’ve seen Arkansas’ fall foliage in person, you’ll understand why so many people flock to the town of Eureka Springs each fall.
It’s hard to pinpoint when the “peak” fall foliage will appear in Eureka Springs, but if you visit us in September, October, and even November, your odds are pretty good for seeing the vibrant reds, oranges, and yellows lighting up the hillsides. Eureka Springs is actually one of the first places in Arkansas to start showing hints of fall, and this usually happens in early September. By mid-October, everywhere you look fall’s colorful transformation is on full display.
You don’t have to do much more than walk outside to enjoy some of the best fall foliage views, but if you’re looking for more ways to soak up the scenery, here are a few of our favorites:
- One of our favorite ways to take in the fall foliage in Eureka Springs is by hiking up the Whitaker Point, often referred to as the Hawkbill Crag Trail. Other great hiking trails include Pigeon Creek on Lake Norfolk, the Pedestal Rocks trail, and the Kings Bluff trail.
- Hike down one of the many wonderful hikes to take in the Buffalo National River. It was the first designated national river in the U.S. and never fails to disappoint during these crisp autumn months. Fall is also a great time to float down the river if you feel so inclined.
- Visit Dogwood Canyon Nature Park, which offers 10,000 acres of pristine park in the heart of the Ozark Mountains.
- Go for a bike ride in the area. A great place to consider is Lake Leatherwood City Park.
- Take a scenic drive, whether by car or motorcycle. The winding mountain roads in fall are absolutely stunning. If you want to enjoy a beautiful scenic drive, head to the Scenic 7 Byway, or the Pig Trail Scenic Byway, both just south of Eureka Springs in the Ozark National Forest. There are endless road trip possibilities in and around Eureka Springs; you just have to get here to experience them at the height of their glory this fall!
- Browse the streets of downtown Eureka Springs, admiring the historic architecture, all juxtaposed against the backdrop of falls ever-changing color palette.
- Fly through the trees and take in breathtaking views of the Ozark Mountains. You’ll still enjoy great views, but more importantly, you’ll have a great time and will make memories that last for a lifetime. Ozark Mountain Ziplines offers 10 ziplines, with courses running upwards of 200+ feet in the air.
- Take a tour on the Belle of the Ozarks, and take in the splendor of fall from the water.
Why Stay at our Eureka Springs Bed and Breakfast
While getting outside and enjoy the fall foliage in and around Eureka Springs is a fantastic way to spend your days here, truly the best part about a fall getaway to this quaint Victorian town is the opportunity to stay at our romantic Eureka Springs Bed and Breakfast. We offer a gourmet, made-from-scratch breakfast daily, 5 luxury suites for your lodging pleasure, and unbeatable hospitality. And the best part? It’s all within easy walking distance of downtown Eureka Springs. Book your room today, and experience the best fall foliage in all of Arkansas this fall!