Everyone that visits us in Eureka Springs does so for different reasons. Many come for rest and relaxation and to celebrate special occasions, while others come to take advantage of the many incredible things to do in Eureka Springs. Whatever it is that brings you here this summer, we’re happy to help keep you as busy — or not — as you’d like to be!
We also acknowledge that travel will probably look a little different this summer for all of us. Towns like Eureka Springs, though, are poised to continue offering a world-class escape for travelers who are interested in booking a getaway. Travel studies show that this summer, small towns, and towns that are relatively close to home (i.e. within driving distance) will fare better than far-flung destinations that require air travel and large cities. Eureka Springs is one of the most drivable destinations in the country, as it’s within 12 hours or less of some of the major metropolitan areas of this country. Moreover, it’s a small town, replete with that small-town charm you crave.
Not only are there plenty of great things to do in Eureka Springs, but there are plenty of great places to stay, too. None better than our Eureka Springs Bed and Breakfast, of course. We offer quality accommodations within walking distance to the historic heart of downtown Eureka Springs and hospitality that can’t be matched. Come see what this charming town has to offer you this summer, and book your room at our #1 rated Eureka Springs Bed and Breakfast today!
Our Favorite Things to do in Eureka Springs This Summer
What awaits in Eureka Springs is a secluded and peaceful getaway in the heart of the Ozark Mountains. Victorian homes line the streets everywhere you look, with an entire downtown that is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. There’s no doubt you’ll discover a sense of place when you visit us this summer. At the same time, this summer presents a unique challenge when it comes to enjoying the best things to do in Eureka Springs. Restaurants and shops are open, of course, but you’ll likely have a different experience this summer than you would any other time.
So what do we recommend you do in Eureka Springs this summer? Well, we still recommend you explore the charms of downtown shops and historic attractions, of course. But beyond that, we think this summer presents us with an extraordinary opportunity to appreciate the natural surroundings of Eureka Springs. In a town tucked between Beaver and Table Rock Lake and near great rivers like the White River, Kings River, and Buffalo River, there’s definitely no shortage of things to do in nature. With that in mind, here are 10 of the best things to do in Eureka Springs this summer:
- Paddle on Lake Leatherwood, and enjoy a sunny afternoon in this serene city park. Kayaks, canoes, and more can be rented from the city parks.
- There are great hiking trails everywhere you look in Eureka Springs, and it’s truly one of our favorite things to do in Eureka Springs. Popular trails nearby include those at Lake Leatherwood City Park, the Harmon Park Loop Trail, Black Bass Lake Trail. There are even more great hiking trails in the surrounding mountains. We’ve put together a great hiking guide last year, and the trails still represent some of the best Eureka Springs hiking trails.
- There is an incredible network of mountain biking trails in the Eureka Springs area. Mountain biking has become one of the most popular things to do in Eureka Springs lately.
- Scenic Drives through the Ozark Mountains never disappoint. It’s been called one of the most beautiful areas in the country for a reason!
- Rent a boat and head out for an adventure, fishing or otherwise, on Beaver Lake or Table Rock Lake. Eureka Springs has a variety of outfitters, fishing guides, and full-service marinas. Our Innkeeper would be happy to talk with you about our favorite recommendations.
- One of the best things about staying in Eureka Springs is that it’s close to so many great attractions. While you’re here, take a day trip, and enjoy a day of hiking and floating down the Buffalo National River.
- Try out a new sport, and take a Standup Paddleboard out on Beaver Lake.
- Looking for an adrenaline rush? We can’t recommend the experience at Ozark Mountain Ziplines enough!
- Enjoy a relaxing walk through town, visiting many of the more significant natural springs – and the namesake of this beautiful town – along the way.
- Visit the Blue Spring Heritage Center, the home of the beautiful Blue Spring and beautiful gardens.
Discover the Best Eureka Springs Bed and Breakfast
We managed to list 10 of the very best things to do in Eureka Springs, a few of which involved the actual town of Eureka Springs. There’s no doubt that our town thrives on tourism, and without your business, the shops, restaurants, and businesses of Eureka Springs will struggle. Even though we’ve geared on conversation towards social distancing and enjoying the natural beauty of Eureka Springs, we also hope you’ll visit a few of the charming shops located in downtown, and eat at as many of the local restaurants as possible. It’s all just 2 blocks from our Eureka Springs Bed and Breakfast.
While you’re here, don’t forget to make time to relax in our peaceful and beautiful property, too. Our luxury mansion offers 5 private guest rooms and your own private oasis away from the hustle and bustle of downtown. When you need a break, our award-winning Eureka Springs Bed and Breakfast gives you one. Comfortable accommodations, delicious breakfasts, gracious hospitality, and a walkable location are all you’ll ever need in Eureka Springs. Choose to stay somewhere that offers it all, and book a room at our Eureka Springs Bed and Breakfast today!