Have you ever been to the annual Ozark Folk Festival? 2019 marks the 72nd annual celebration of this incredible event and promises to be a spectacular time here in Eureka Springs. the Ozark Folk Festival is actually the longest continuously running event of its kind in the entire country. This year’s event will just as fun as all the others, with a delightful array of musicians and performers coming from all over the country. This year, the festival will kick off on Wednesday, November 6, and will run through Sunday, November 10. Lodging tends to book up quickly during this time of year, so make your reservations at our Eureka Springs Bed and Breakfast today!
5 Highlights for the Ozark Folk Festival in 2019
The 72nd annual Ozark Folk Festival will feature an incredible array of musicians and events taking place at venues around town. This charming 4-day festival exemplifies the spirit and tradition of the Ozark Mountains in the best way possible. The original Ozark Folk Festival took place on March 15, 1934. Since then, it’s been delighting crowds and establishing itself as one of the most fun fall festivals in the entire state of Arkansas. Over the past 85 years, the Ozark Folk Festival has hosted some of the top folk musicians and performers in the country. 2019’s festival promises more of the same. The festival typically takes place during the first weekend in November, meaning this year it will run from November 6 – 10, 2019.
Aside from hosting legendary musicians, the Ozark Folk Festival also features a number of incredible things to do over the course of the long weekend. Whatever it is you choose to do while you’re in town for the Folk Festival, know that you’ll be immersing yourself deep into the cultural heart of Eureka Springs. Here are the top 5 highlights for you to consider:
- One of the most entertaining parts of the entire weekend is the Barefoot Ball. This storied tradition has its roots all the way back in the first Ozark Folk Festival in 1934 and is still just as much fun today.
- All weekend long, you can join in the free concerts at Basin Springs Park. These concerts open on Friday, November 8th at noon with Willie Carlisle.
- Head to the Eureka Springs Auditorium on Friday, November 8, and take in the sounds of the Ozark Daredevils. They have played around the world with acts like The Beach Boys, Eric Clapton, Fleetwood Mac, and The Doobie Brothers.
- Join Folk Festival headliner and Grammy-award winning singer Marty Stuart at the Eureka Springs Auditorium on Saturday, November 9. 2019 marks the 20th anniversary of Stuart’s album The Pilgrim.
- Wrap up all the fun and celebrate the sights and sounds of the 72nd annual Ozark Folk Festival at the parade on Sunday, November 10 in downtown Eureka Springs.
Lodging Near the Ozark Folk Festival
After you’ve had your fill of Folk Music for the day, come back to our luxury Bed and Breakfast near downtown Eureka Springs. We’re only 2 blocks from the Eureka Springs historic district, where you’ll find everything else you need to make this fall getaway an extraordinary one. Downtown Eureka Springs has a variety of things to do, including delightful shops to browse, restaurants to savor, and art galleries to explore. Relax on our wrap-around porch and take a deep breath of fresh, mountain air, or curl up in one of our cozy, well-appointed guest rooms that offer stunning views of the Arkansas hills. With luxurious accommodations, first-rate amenities, and a convenient location, our Bed and Breakfast is the best option for lodging near the Ozark Folk Festival. Book your room at our Eureka Springs Bed and Breakfast today!