If you’re looking to find some of the best things to do in Eureka Springs, you’ve come to the right place! Eureka Springs is a historic and charming Victorian town, located in the northwestern part of Arkansas. It’s a fabulous getaway town, located within 2 hours of Branson and Springfield, Missouri, around 3 hours from Little Rock, Tulsa, and Kansas City, and around 5 hours from St. Louis, Oklahoma City, Witchita, and Memphis. To say it’s easily reachable from a variety of destinations is an understatement. So now that you have no excuse not to come to visit us in Eureka Springs, let’s help you plan a vacation you won’t soon forget. What are the top things to do this September once you’re here? Our knowledgable Innkeepers are here to answer all of your questions and show you an unbeatable level of hospitality. Book your room at our Eureka Springs Bed and Breakfast today.
What are the 10 Best Things to Do in Eureka Springs?
There’s a reason more than 750,000 people come to visit a town of only 2,000 people each year. So, what really are the best things to do in Eureka Springs? There are a lot of guides out there, but we thought we’d take the time to offer our own opinion on the best things to do in Eureka Springs this September. After all, fall is one of our favorite seasons in the Ozark Mountains of Arkansas, and we think it’s the perfect time to visit this charming little town. After living here for 25 years and operating one of the top Bed and Breakfasts in the state, we also think we might know a thing or two about what people really enjoy about Eureka Springs. Enjoy browsing our list of the 10 best things to do this fall in Eureka Springs, and let us know if you think we missed anything.
- Once you’ve arrived, it’s time to get acquainted with Eureka Springs. There’s no better way to do that than by taking a historic tram ride through town, to see the city’s top historic sights, and even some of the springs the town is named for.
- Take the time to visit the Thorncrown Chapel. It was built by Frank Lloyd Wright protégé and world-renowned architect, E. Fay Jones. The chapel is made entirely of glass and is considered one of the most beautiful and inspiring sanctuaries in the world.
- Visit Quigley’s Castle, notable as one of the strangest dwellings in the entirety of the Ozarks. The best features of the house are the trees growing inside. Beyond that, the house is completely filled with and covered by the unusual rock sculptures of Mrs. Quigley herself. Tours are offered daily, and it closes for the season in October.
- Enjoy a trip on the Eureka Springs & North Arkansas Railway and enjoy the scenery out your window. Splurge and add in a gourmet lunch or dinner to your trip, and you have an unbeatable Eureka Springs experience on your hands.
- Eureka Springs is known for its haunted dwellings and ghost tours. Get in on the fun at the Intrigue Theater with illusionist Sean-Paul and his wife, Juliana Fay, who appears as a medium.
- September is still a great month to get out on the water, and there’s plenty of it at Beaver Lake. With 487 miles of scenic shoreline and 31,700 acres of spectacular nature, the crystal-clear waters of Beaver Lake are perfect for a day on the water.
- It is September, which means the fall colors are starting to show their fiery autumnal hues. Beyond hiking and taking scenic drives through the Ozarks, which are always at the top of every list of things to do in Eureka Springs, you can also take in the canopies of the Ozarks in an entirely new way: Ziplining! The canopy tour in the Ozark Mountains includes 10 ziplines, suspended tree platforms, a couple of short hikes, and a sky bridge.
- Visit Lake Leatherwood City Park, one of the best parks in the area. It’s the perfect place hiking, biking birdwatching, fishing, boating, and kayaking or canoeing.
- Head underground into Onyx Cave, a well-preserved grotto that features an array of stalactites and stalagmites.
- We’d be remiss to leave shopping and exploring the quaint shops and art galleries of Downtown Eureka Springs off the list of the best things to do once you’re here. Downtown Eureka Springs is incredible, and something you truly must see for yourself.
Stay at the Best Lodging in Eureka Springs
There are more than enough things to do in Eureka Springs to keep you busy for days. When it’s time to relax, there’s nowhere better than our luxury Bed and Breakfast. We’re located near most of the area’s top attractions, and offer a scenic beauty not found elsewhere in the Ozark Mountains. Our 5 luxury suites and unparalleled service and hospitality await. Book your room at our Arkansas Bed and Breakfast today!