The thought of traveling to big cities like New York, Chicago, or Los Angeles is enticing, no doubt. There’s an endless stream of activities to do, restaurants to try, and fun to be had. But, trips to big cities can be exhausting, not to mention expensive. How about slowing down for a bit, and appreciating some of the finer points of a getaway in small town America? You can do exactly that in Eureka Springs, Arkansas. Small towns like ours are perfect for the traveler who’s looking to slow down, relax, and enjoy things like short walks, sunny afternoons in the park, uncrowded shops and restaurants, unhurried conversations, quirky personality, nodding hello to strangers, and other things that never really go out of style. Let 2018 be the year you discover our romantic Bed and Breakfast, located in the charming town of Eureka Springs, Arkansas. Book your room with us today.
The Best of Eureka Springs
Eureka Springs has consistently been included on “best of” lists. To us, this comes as no surprise. Our Swiss-themed town just happens to be so centrally located to many of the biggest population centers in the country. We are a few shorts hours from Tulsa, Oklahoma City, Dallas, Kansas City, and St. Louis, and within easy striking distance of other cities, such as Houston and Chicago. In fact, 60% of the population of the U.S. lives within 12 hours (drive-time) of Eureka Springs. It’s no wonder we are such a popular getaway destination, all without the added hassle of crowds!
Getting here is the easy part. For the rest, you have the knowledgeable innkeepers at Arsenic & Old Lace Bed and Breakfast to help you out. Here are 10 of the best reasons to visit us in Eureka Springs in 2018:
- Eureka Springs and the surrounding area is extraordinarily beautiful. With all this unspoiled nature, there are plenty of opportunities for hiking, canoeing, biking, climbing, and camping.
- Chain stores aren’t allowed in downtown Eureka Springs, so the streets of downtown are crawling with mom-and-pop restaurants, taverns, and touristy craft shops.
- Eureka Springs is located near both Table Rock and Beaver Lake, summer hangouts for boaters, and some of the better bass-fishing lakes in the Ozarks.
- The roads around Eureka Springs are some of the best touring roads in the United States, with their peaceful forests and winding, scenic highways.
- The restaurants here are just as good as those you’d expect in big cities. They might even be better! Top suggestions to try include Gaskin Cabin Steakhouse, Local Flavor Cafe, Le Stick Nouveau, DeVito’s of Eureka Springs, Grotto Wood-Fired Grille and Wine Cave.
- Many of our streets are lined with incredible Victorian architecture, reflected in the town’s historic hotels, manors, and cottages.
- You can visit stunning attractions, like the Thorncrown Chapel, an astonishing 48-foot tall structure with 6,000 square feet of glass and 425 windows.
- There are some great existing mountain biking trails, and even more on the way.
- Here you can visit the largest statue of Christ in North America, the Christ of the Ozarks Statue. This seven story statue is a symbol of love and hope, looking down on Eureka Springs from Magnetic Mountain. While there, take the Holy Land Tour, or visit the Bible Museum and Sacred Arts Museum.
- And, of course, the best thing to do in Eureka Springs is unwind and enjoy a relaxing getaway at our beautiful and romantic Bed and Breakfast. There’s no finer choice for lodging in Eureka Springs.
Come explore Eureka Springs, and see why it is consistently ranked as one of the best small towns to visit in America. You’ll find comfortable accommodations and everything you need at Arsenic & Old Lace Bed and Breakfast. Book a room with us today!